Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Unis, Old Look


Brian Hayward reppin' the Sharks' first uniform.


Joe Thornton rockin' the new retro uni. (oxymoron, anyone?)



I’m a big fan of retro unis, so I think these look pretty fly. The little bits of burnt orange they incorporated sets off the teal and the white nicely without overwhelming the color scheme (see: Warriors’ alternate jersey). I'll give the teal home jerseys the edge here. Though the white jerseys are aesthetically pleasing as well, I'm not too fond of the shiny material used on the name and back number. Maybe it's over-enhanced by the TV and camera lights, but I'm sure it looks better in person. Props to RBK and the Sharks design team for fusing new jersey technology and retro themes together so well.

Official press release [SJ Sharks]

No comments: