Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A (Late) Recap of What Went Down at Dolce

as narrated by others.

KCE, from mccoveychronicles.com:

This has very little to do with this thread, but I went to that charity event at Dolce last night. I got pictures with and autographs from both Cain and Lincecum and a number of other players. Brian Wilson, Pat Misch, Kevin Frandsen and Noah Lowry all made cocktails for me. I gave Jack Taschner $5 as part of the "Let's pay Matt Cain to do the nipple dance" fundraising effort at the end of the night. Great, great event. Most worthwhile $15 cover charge I have ever spent. The 13 year old fanboy in me is still wondering if it actually happened.
And also from KCE:



  • Cain is looking all right. He doesn’t look so tall when he pitches, but he looks huge in this picture. Maybe it’s his shirt? You won’t believe how much I cracked up reading that nipple dance campaigning.
  • Roberts looks much younger in this picture than he does on TV. He always has that nice smile though.
  • Keep growing that scruff, Frandsen. The Baron Davis beard worked wonders for him, so hopefully it pans out for you. I’ve been teased about liking Kev because his eyes are gorgeous (and they are), but too bad he’s a Bellarmine boy. He’s got to lose that open collar look though. It makes him look like a sleazebag. Keep the scruff though, Frannie. I love the scruff.
  • The camera was not good to Taschner in this picture.
  • Ah, Timmy. As I’m working on this “analysis,” you guys just lost on another walk-off. Just trust your stuff and don’t nibble. I know Coors probably should be torn down deters pitchers from throwing strikes, but you totally owned them back in May. Keep the high-stress pitches and innings down. I’m not sure if Bochy and Rags will run you out there for one more game, but if they do, get that ERA back down under 4. That won’t look good on your resume for Rookie Pitcher of the Year. A few more strikeouts should do it.
  • Okay, back to what I was doing. I have to admit I laughed at the how the whole picture screams “preppy” all over it. I also have to admit that when I first heard about the Dolce gig, I thought Timmy’s allowed into bars? and Timmy wants to know if they have root beer. I like the sunglasses-on-collar look though. It sort of balances out the Lacosten preppiness with a little badass.
  • Lowry was another one of the players who were mixing drinks, but I’m guessing he was surrounded by a gaggle of screaming fangirls, suffocated, and had to be taken to the hospital for extra oxygen, therefore being unavailable for pictures. No wonder his next start was so shaky.

I’ve probably just lost all of what little blogging credibility I had with this post. It had to be done, though.


No comments: