Tuesday, August 7, 2007

8/7 Giants vs Nationals

Sorry, I couldn't think of a partially clever title.

Zito will be on the mound tonight against a guy whose name I can't pronounce. It's spelled Bacsik, but I don't know if it sounds like basic or back-sick.

Most Giants fans, including me, are pretty displeased with the way Zito's been pitching this season, but I have some newfound respect for him when he pitched an inning of relief during the last game of the Padres series. He could have easily said no, but he sounded eager for some relief work.
"It's fun to help the team on a day when I didn't come to the yard thinking I would."
From pitching relief, Zito said he learned to focus on just one hitter at a time instead of thinking about going 6 or 7 innings, a practice he would take into today's start. In yesterday's post-game wrap, Kruk and Kuip were remarking that Zito also might have learned that he didn't need 60-100 warmup pitches but quite less.

First pitch at 7:15 tonight. Don't walk the stadium.

No comments: